Cormorant Group is a Tokyo-based executive search practice specializing in brand, digital, creative and design disciplines.
Cormorant Group is an executive search consultancy focusing on disciplines related to brand and creative industries. Our scope includes general management as well as creative, strategic and digital leadership.
Using our experience and network of industry experts, we also help our clients understand their specific challenges in Japan and Asia-Pacific via market research and consulting.
We only work on a handful of assignments at any given time to ensure focus and quality of service to clients and candidates alike. Cormorant Group is structured more like an intelligence network than a traditional consultancy and the majority of our candidates come to us via referral from our proprietary network.
- We work closely with our clients to help them define and refine their talent acquisition strategies inclusive of clarifying their real needs
- We give candidates careful support to help them define their professional goals, target the right opportunities and prepare for interviews
- We follow up with our clients and candidates after a placement to help ensure long-term success for both parties
Cormorant Group is based in Tokyo and the majority of our business focuses on the Japanese market. We do, however, work on briefs for senior positions based in Singapore and Hong Kong.
President: Barry Lustig
Barry founded Cormorant Group to give a more thoughtful and personal approach to executive search for clients and candidates alike.
Before establishing the company, Barry spent much of his career as a strategist in the communications industry. He began as a strategist at Dentsu in Tokyo. He later worked for leading agencies in Europe and the US including DDB and Leo Burnett. In addition to communications, he has worked with organizations like the World Economic Forum and Shell International.
Barry earned his master’s degree at the London School of Economics. He writes regularly for Campaign Asia-Pacific, the leading publication for the region’s marketing communications sector.
Contact Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: David Blecken
David has covered the highs and lows of the media and communications sector as a journalist and senior editor for more than a decade. He served as executive editor of Campaign Asia-Pacific and later Japan, having launched the Japanese edition of the publication in Tokyo in 2016. A Brit, he has also lived in Germany, the USA, Italy and Hong Kong.
Contact David at email@example.com
- Company name
- Cormorant Group, Inc.
- March, 2016
- Capital stock
- JPY 16,000,000
- 402, 1-15-5 Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047
- Trading Bank
- Kiraboshi Bank, Azabu Branch, SMBC, Akasaka Branch
- Main Business
- Executive search, market research and consultancy
- Board Members
- Barry Lustig (CEO), Natsuko Kinoshita (COO)